Friday, December 20, 2013

BOWL SEASON

Well the season is getting closer and closer to the end and the blogs will be getting fewer and fewer. Tonight I will be giving a wrap up of my regular season picks and I will predict EVERY SINGLE BOWL GAME!!!

On deck before the National Championship game I will have a National Championship Preview with an interesting look back to last year's title game. After the Champion has been crowned I will have a year in review and then it will be on to the off-season. I am sure I will have some things about recruiting, the NFL draft, and other tid-bits here and there. But now lets get on with the picks!!!!

SATURDAY December 21st

Washington State/Colorado State - Will the Pac12 finally get that Mountain West monkey bowl game thing off of their back? Yes and No....this is the YES - WASHINGTON STATE .....and here is the no....

Fresno State/USC - FRESNO STATE in what should be a great bowl game

Buffalo/San Diego State - SAN DIEGO STATE

Tulane/Louisiana Lafayette - LOUISIANA LAFAYETTE

MONDAY December 23rd

Ohio/East Carolina - EAST CAROLINA

TUESDAY - December 24th

Boise State/Oregon State - Another bowl game that I am really looking forward to!! Should be high scoring and Oregon State gets some validation for a lost season - OREGON STATE

THURSDAY - December 26th

Pittsburgh/Bowling Green - BOWLING GREEN

Utah State/Northern Illinois - UTAH STATE - this should be good football

FRIDAY - December 27th

Marshall/Maryland - MARYLAND

Syracuse/Minnesota - MINNESOTA

BYU/WASHINGTON - another great game - WASHINGTON kicks the Peterson era off right

SATURDAY - December 28th

Rutgers/Notre Dame - back and forth and back and forth, who will give it away......Rutgers so NOTRE DAME wins

Cincinnati/North Carolina - CINCY

Miami/Louisville - and the Amercian Conference will have December 28th declared AAC DAY - LOUISVILLE

Michigan/Kansas State - KANSAS STATE

MONDAY - December 29th

Middle Tennessee/Navy - NAVY

Ole Miss/Georgia Tech - really?? Not even close. OLE MISS

Oregon/Texas - WHY COULD OREGON NOT BE IN THE SUGAR BOWL?!?!? WHY?!?!? OREGON

Arizona State/Texas Tech - another game that should light up the score board but ARIZONA STATE pulls it out

TUESDAY - December 31st

Arizona/Boston College - what's better? a 7-5 out of the Pac12 or a 7-5 out of the ACC? ARIZONA

Virginia Tech/UCLA - UCLA should win this game, but that Hokie defense could cause them some problems, let's go BRUINS

Rice/Mississippi State - the SEC can't win them all - RICE

Chic-fil-a Bowl: Duke/Texas A&M - Manziel goes out in style: TEXAS A&M

Wednesday January 1st - the MOST WONDERFUL DAY OF THE YEAR!!!

Gator Bowl:
Nebraska/Georgia - GEORGIA

UNLV/North Texas - NORTH TEXAS

Outback Bowl
Iowa/LSU - LSU

Capital One Bowl
Wisconsin/South Carolina - SOUTH CAROLINA

Rose Bowl - who can't wait to see this one? As my friend Dave put it: "I think that Stanford/Michigan State game is gonna be a man's game son. Someone is gonna get lit up cous!" I completely agree.
Stanford/Michigan State - STANFORD

Fiesta Bowl - Not the game I expected to be played here...
UCF/Baylor - and as I said before UCF is gonna be beat some-damn-body: UCF

THURSDAY - January 2nd

Sugar Bowl: The bowl I am the least excited about. Out of all the possible Sugar Bowl match-ups....just sad...
Oklahoma/Alabama - hmmmm.......I wonder....ALABAMA

FRIDAY - January 3rd

Cotton Bowl
Missouri/Oklahoma State - this should be a great one: MISSOURI

Orange Bowl
Clemson/Ohio State - there was a time when I thought Clemson was the team that would dethrone an SEC National Champion. There never was a time when I thought Ohio State had a chance. It's hard to bet against Urban Meyer after a month off though. He is a great coach and Ohio State is not a bad team, but the pass defense is suspect and they haven't played anyone like Boyd. CLEMSON

SATURDAY - January 4th

Vanderbilt/Houston - a disappointing season for Vandy ends the way it started: HOUSTON

SUNDAY - January 5th

Arkansas State/Ball State - Arkansas State has become a coaching factory as of late....BALL STATE

MONDAY - January 6th

NATIONAL CHAMPIONSHIP:

Florida State/Auburn - NO PICK AT THIS TIME

So for the year my record sits at: 57 wins, 27 losses for a prediction percentage of 68% And with 35 bowls games picked my entire season is on the line! For those of you keeping track I will be tracking my bowl predictions with same day re-action on Facebook, so come on over if you're not there yet!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to call me out on something I've said? I encourage it! Lets have a discussion!