Monday, September 2, 2013

Top 10 Prediction and thoughts on FSU

Everyone loves predictions, so I am not going to dis-appoint. Up to this point I have intentionally stayed away from making any straight-out predictions and I will continue to do so the entire year except where the Top 10 is concerned. So every week before the polls come out I will give a quick run-down on what I think the Top 10 will look like. This is not an easy task. The Coaches' poll has always proven the toughest one to predict for me, but once the computers take over, the BCS is actually kinda easy. And let me be frank, I hate the Coaches' Poll. The decisions that are made sometimes seem political and the AP usually makes more sense to me. BUT, the AP poll doesn't count in the BCS so I am not going to waste my time debating the trivial. Once the BCS comes out I will switch from the Coaches' Poll to the BCS poll.

Top 10 Predictions

1. Ohio State - The love affair and bull begins now. I promise the coaches could not wait to get this team to the number 1 spot. They played a good game, not a complete game and do not deserve this, but oh well.

2. Oregon - The only Top 3 team that took care of business the way it should have been taken care of. If I was doing the poll I would have them at #1. They look like they haven't missed a beat from the Chip Kelly era, but time will tell on this team.

3. Alabama - Once again, another case of: coaches cannot wait for this to happen. They have a chance to knock an SEC team from the Top 2 and they will take it. I am not saying Alabama needs to be higher, because as I have previously stated, they did not have a good game against a lesser opponent.

4. Stanford - Can't drop a team on a bye week.

5. South Carolina - I personally think Clemson should be #5, but I feel like SCAR already being ahead of Clemson and them having Spurrier as coach will keep them ahead of the Tigers.

6. Clemson - Yes they beat a Top 5 SEC team, but that team was Georgia, and for reasons I put forth in my last blog, it wasn't all Clemson winning the game; Georgia did its fair share of giving it away.

7. Texas A&M - How do you drop a team after a win? It was a sloppy win, and I think they get penalized because of Johnny "Let Me Sign That For Ya" Manziel.

8. Georgia - The coaches love Georgia so they won't drop them as far as they should be dropped.

9. Louisville - They did nothing to be moved down and nothing worth moving up.

10. Florida - They won without style points, so no movement. I personally would have Lville at 8, Florida at 9, and Georgia at 10.

My thoughts on Florida State:
Winston is the real deal. The kids is tremendously accurate, on the run, with a man in his face, standing in the pocket, etc etc. I saw more than enough against albeit a Pitt defense, but the kid has all the tools. And he is COMMITTED to throwing the ball. It does not look like he wants to run, but if that opens up, there will be no stopping him. If you want proof of what Winston can do, see if you can find footage of him completing a pass on 1st and 30 close to half-time. Wow. I am still un-decided on the FSU D, they got pushed around early, started tackling better and seemed sound, but the Pitt qb was also making some bad throws which led to a F/G and a couple turnovers in the first half. Remember this name: Kelvin Benjamin, a big kid who is going to catch a lot of balls for FSU this year.

Thanks for reading, I know it's short and sweet, I am sure I will have more to say on Wednesday when I give my re-action to the REAL Top 10 and preview the best games of the up-coming week!

As always, please click on the "no comment" at the bottom or write in the comment box if you have something to say. This is where the real debate begins! I am also on Twitter Aubrey Mos @simplyNCAAF and look forward to hearing from every single one of you that read this!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to call me out on something I've said? I encourage it! Lets have a discussion!