Saturday, September 21, 2013

The REAL Top 10 Teams

Current Coaches Top 10 and my last prediction in parenthesis:

1. Alabama (Alabama)
2. Oregon (Oregon)
3. Ohio State (Ohio State)
4. Clemson (Stanford)
5. Stanford (Clemson)
6. Louisville (LSU)
7. LSU (Florida State)
8. Florida State (Louisville)
9. Texas A/M (Georgia)
10. Georgia (Oklahoma State)

My new prediction:

There will be no changes in the top 10 after every top 10 team won and most by blow-outs this weekend. I don't think Clemson gets punished for a sub-par showing on the road since they won, but I wouldn't be shocked to see LSU drop because of their 4th quarter performance against Auburn.

Now for the first time I will reveal MY own rankings. Call them power rankings if you want, but this is how I would rate the best teams in the country, based on a mixture of the eye-test, who they have played, and who would beat who in a neutral sight game:

1. Oregon
2. Clemson
3. LSU
4. Florida State
5. Stanford
6. Alabama
7. Texas A&M
8. Louisville
9. Ohio State
10. Georgia

Teams in bold would be my representatives in a 4 team play-off that starts next year.

Next up tomorrow will be my break-down of the LSU/Auburn game as well as my thoughts about other Top 25 action around the country.
I also hope to be posting PART 1 of my 4 part story on, "Whatever happened to defense in the SEC?"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Want to call me out on something I've said? I encourage it! Lets have a discussion!